Adrian Montgomery is a digital visionary and the proud co-owner of CrankTank, an agency specializing in the bike, outdoor, and wintersport markets. With nearly 25 years of experience in the industry, Adrian has dedicated his career to helping businesses in these sectors thrive in the digital landscape.
Adrian joined Cannondale in 1999, there he worked in marketing and team management. There were many successful sports marketing programs that he felt fortunate to work on. He created content for retailer education programs and regional workshops to support proprietary components brands HeadShok and CODA. He was an integral part of the PR team doing product seeding and media relations.
From 2004-2013 he was Marketing/PR Director for SCOTT Sports, USA. He relaunched and repositioned the brand in the bike market. He oversaw brand advertising, web strategy, creative, content, sponsorship, events, social and PR. He worked with the global sales and product teams to introduce many groundbreaking, successful products.
In 2013, Adrian took on the role of Brand Manager at backcountry.com, competitivecyclist.com and their sister Specialty E-Commerce brands. During his time at backcountry.com, Adrian played a crucial role in shaping the brand’s image and expanding its presence in the market. He managed the Creative department, Sports Marketing, Brand and Social teams. He directed branded giving and developed employee perks for the HR dept.
Building on his experience at backcountry.com, Adrian joined Verde Brand Communications as Director of Client Services in 2014. There he focused on offering PR, Content and Social products to Bike brands. Having experience as an integrated brand strategist he developed marketing and paid media services for the agency to compliment their traditional PR and Social offering. During this time he served as Strategic Lead to amazing bike, powersports, electronics and outdoor brands while directing the agency PR, Social and Content teams for clients.
In 2016 he co-founded CrankTank with the mission to help Bike, Outdoor and Wintersport brands manage the DTC Shift. As CTO he manages the product development, process and delivery of digital services for the agency.
Beyond his role as an agency owner, Adrian remains deeply connected to the outdoor community. He actively participates in industry events, collaborates with influencers and industry experts, and stays updated on the latest trends and innovations. This dedication ensures that his agency’s strategies are always relevant, effective, and aligned with the evolving needs of the market.
With his extensive industry experience, strategic mindset, and a team of talented professionals, Adrian Montgomery is committed to empowering his clients to thrive in the digital landscape. CrankTank provides tailored digital marketing solutions that drive brand growth, increase online visibility, and generate remarkable results for his clients.
15 years of senior management experience
- EARNED MEDIA 73% 73%
- DIGITAL ADVERTISING 85% 85%
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING 80% 80%
- CONTENT MARKETING 66% 66%
- ECOMMERCE MARKETING 89% 89%
CANNONDALE – MARKETING AND TEAM MANAGEMENT | 1999-2004
– Team Management – Sports Marketing – Media Relations – National Event Management – Technical Education Programming – Suspension Technician – R&D (HeadShok / CODA Division)
SCOTT SPORTS – DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS | 2004-2013
– Marketing Strategy (Global) – Communications – Go-to-Market Strategy – Sports Marketing – Content Marketing – Web Strategy – Social media Strategy – Email Strategy – B2B Channel Marketing – Strategic Partnerships
BACKCOUNTRY.COM – DIRECTOR OF BRAND MARKETING | 2013-2014
– Brand Strategy (Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist + Sister Brands) – eCommerce Marketing – Employee Perks and Benefits – Paid Media Strategy – Event Strategy – Content Marketing Strategy – Affiliate Marketing Strategy (Influencer and Publisher) – Digital Marketing Strategy – Communications Strategy – Creative Dept Manager
VERDE BRAND COMMUNICATIONS – DIRECTOR OF CLIENT SERVICES | 2014-2016
– Public Relations – Integrated Marketing Strategy – Content Marketing Strategy – Social Media Marketing Strategy – Creative Strategy – Paid Media Strategy – Budget and Planning – Events – Sales