I’ve always enjoyed being outdoors pursuing an active lifestyle. Whether it’s skiing, riding bikes, trail running, or savoring magical moments in the mountains, these are the experiences which ground me and bring authenticity to my work in the bike and outdoor industry.
In 2013 there was a change of leadership at SCOTT Sports which resulted in a number of vacancies in the company. To fill one of these voids, I assumed the interim position of US Bike Marketing and Public Relations Director. The lead up to this was my role as North American Brand Manager for the acquired brand Syncros.
In the early 2000s, I was living the dream of riding my bikes in the summer, and skiing in the winter. I co-founded a junior bike camp and a short track mountain bike race series, which grew into a local institution. Continuing the outdoor theme, I worked as a fulltime professional ski patroller for Sun Valley Resort during the winters. While I’ve relinquished my fulltime standing on the patrol in favor of a more ‘respectable career’, I do maintain my professional status, working on call. It’s a great group of people and I see it as a way to serve my community, offer help to people in need, and keep me connected with the skiing industry.
SUN VALLEY ROAD & DIRT JUNIOR BIKE CAMPS – CO-FOUNDER | 2001 – 2005
– Bike Skills – Mechanical Education – Riding Safety and Etiquette – Short Track XC Race Promotion
SUN VALLEY RESORT – SKI PATROL | 2002 – present
– Emergency Medical Response – Risk Mitigation – Avalanche Mitigation – Lift Evacuation – Public Relations
SCOTT USA – WINTERSPORTS & BIKE CUSTOMER SERVICE | 2006 – 2009
– Customer and Dealer Service – Sales – Inventory Management – Technical Support – Warranty – Demos – Events
SCOTT SPORTS – BIKE MARKETING COORDINATOR | 2009 – 2013
– Channel Marketing – Social Media – Product Copy – Content – Website Updates – Public Relations – Sports Marketing – Tradeshows – Demos – Events
SYNCROS – NORTH AMERICAN BRAND MANAGER | 2012 – 2014
– Global Marketing Content Production – Product Copy – Public Relations – Product Testing – Sports Marketing – Launch and Manage Social Media Handles
SCOTT SPORTS – ACTING BIKE MARKETING AND PR DIRECTOR | 2013
– New Model Year Product Launch – Tradeshow Planning – Public Relations – Paid Advertising – Product Copy – Channel Marketing – Sports Marketing – Global Events – Social Media
VERDE BRAND COMMUNICATIONS – SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER | 2014 – 2017
– Integrated Marketing – Content Marketing – Social Media Marketing – Creative Direction – Public Relations – Budget and Planning – Tradeshow Planning – Native and Blog Content – Product Copy